Saturday, April 28, 2007

Google Adsense

Recently I added Google Ads to my my blog and website. The way it works is that you copy in a set of codes into the website or blog and based on the content Google plants ads on your web page. In my case, the Google ads have a Caribbean theme and a business theme as well. I guess I can understand the business ads, but if most of my readers are from the Caribbean, then there is pointless to have ads promoting Caribbean destinations. I think I am going to ask for some diversity of ads otherwise no one will ever click on them.

Well, maybe I should not complain. For a time there were ads for Maxim (an adult magazine) and homosexual-themed ads. I have since asked Google not to plant adult themed ads nor anything alcohol, tobacco, sexual related. They have not answered but I have not seen them since so hopefully that is a not an issue.

www.caribbeanbusinessdigest.com

2 comments:

Abeni said...

Inter island travel is always good. Don't worry too much about Cbean readers looking at Cbean destinations

Mushtaq said...

Thanks.
You were right on the last post too. I spoke with the chamber president and she said the same thing. She will show off the magazine among her members and give out subscription cards (that were also sent) to interested members. At least I know I have an audience :)