Saturday, April 07, 2007

Advertising projections

Lately, I have heard the R word being tossed around - Recession. With the housing market the way it is and the prices of houses being driven down by the excess supply of houses in the market that puts a lot of pressure on numerous sections of the economy. Now, I am bringing this up because a few weeks ago an accountant and realtor who runs his own business told me that times are tight right now - across the board. From the various networking events that I have attended, I noticed that there is a disproportionate amount of attorneys and real estate professionals within our community. So, with the real estate market the way it is, I am concerned that the purse strings may be tightened up. But, the up side may be that they are looking for new way to advertise their services. But with the magazine being new, it is understandable that their will be some hesitation. From my point of view that just means that I may have to work twice as hard to get them in my corner.

That same realtor/accountant told me that he loved the magazine and that I should now be looking to expand. He promised support where possible but as he pointed out times are tight.

No comments: