Thursday, April 26, 2007

How can I help? - A difficult question.

Two prominent members of the Caribbean community here in South Florida asked me within the last two weeks how they can help me in the progress of the Caribbean Business Digest. Both times it caught me off guard. On a third occasion I came across a chamber president that wanted to have the magazine distributed to the chamber members. But a simple as the request was I did not quite know how to proceed. Should I push for subscription from the chamber members? Or should I give them free? Maybe I should offer the magazines at a reduced rate or allot a certain amount for free and additional ones as subscriptions. I think I will opt for the latter option in this case. It may mean that there would be no subscribers in the end but we will see what the chamber president in question has to say.

As far as the two community members are concerned, I believe that the best way they can help is advice on the course of the magazine as well as help in promoting it. So in the morning I will send an email to both asking what direction they would like to see from the publication. Additionally I will ask that they promote the magazine within their circles and offer suggestions on how they can do so.

Even more than getting advertising dollars from these two individuals who are both small business owners, this publicity will be miles more valuable and will add credibility too.

1 comment:

Abeni said...

Send one as a sample and suggest subscription if interested.