Monday, June 03, 2013

Reviewing June edition part 2 - Spirit Airlines

For the second time I reached out to Spirit for an article and they obliged. I am extremely grateful that this large organization took the time to help a startup with an article. I consider them very much a part of the Caribbean American landscape even though they service much more that just that market.

If I am being honest, I do find that company very intriguing. While I don't agree with all the decisions that they make (baggage fees anyone?) I certainly do understand it. Especially when I put that in the context of what I believe their strategy is. I think they are extremely clear about how they are looking to position themselves. And I do admire that clarity.

What I am particularly curious about is if they could become a "trendsetter" of sorts where once they do something other airlines will follow thus making that action an industry norm. In this economic climate, being the cheap option makes sense. And so I wonder how that would play out when the economy is more robust. 

I do hope to talk with them again and this time I see things going  bit differently. Kind of like:

Me: Hi (insert name here), I will be in the area tomorrow and would like to meet with Barry and Ben (Chief Marketing Officer and the CEO)

Media Person: Oh hi Mush, how does 4 PM sound.

Me: Sounds great. I will see you then. How are the kids?

Media Person: They are great. See you then.

Me: Ok.

Hey, what can I say? When you dream, dream big!!!


www.caribbeanbusinessdigest.net

No comments: