Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Jamaican Diaspora Conference and exercising patience

I had a conversation with a friend few days ago and found myself saying that the toughest thing is exercising patience. It really can be frustrating that you have a vision in your head and you can't snap your fingers and make it happen. Few days later I found myself expressing the same sentiment in a different setting. As I put together the next edition, I find myself thinking a year, two years ahead and have to keep reminding myself that I need to get through the next edition before tackling the next twelve months. Easier said than done. Anyway, the next edition promises to be rather interesting so stay tuned.
In the meantime, the Jamaican Diaspora conference should be wrapping up soon and I am looking forward keenly to see what comes out of it. Apparently a lot of effort has gone into organizing this one and I wonder if the strides that everyone is hoping to see will take place (or continue to take place). This feels like the biggest one yet. I feel like a lot of eyes are on this event with other Caribbean diaspora taking note as to what develops and what results are to be had.

I do wonder if having it every two years is the best way to go. Sure, there is a lot of hype once the event rolls around but there is a two year gap in between. I am interested more in the approach all parties involved take in the intervening two years and I submit that this two year period until the next conference is the most critical in nurturing the relationships that we hope to build.
We'll see.

www.caribbeanbusinessdigest.net 

No comments: