Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Upcoming activities in the next month

I was supposed to be at the Greater Caribbean American Chamber of Commerce today but had to cancel last minute. Second month in a row I had to for ego this event but this August is a must attend on my calendar. The Let's Talk forum is in August and this is where the Caribbean community in South Florida come together and have a discussion about the progress we are making as a community. All the media houses will be present including the Caribbean print and radio and television media as well as some of the larger newspapers: the Miami Herald and Sun Sentinel. Well, these organizations were represented last time round and I believe they will be again this year. I attended last year and will be curious to see what they dialogue will be like this time round. More and that in the coming weeks.

Before that event will be a litany of activities marking Jamaica' independence. There is already a schedule out with all the activities that I will post here at a later date. I believe T&T also has independence celebrations this year all well. August will be busy and significant. I am looking forward to it.

No comments: