Saturday, July 28, 2007

Jamaica's Election 2007 Forum

Jamaica elections 2007 made its stop in South Florida with the two parties being represented for a debate/question and answer from the Jamaican Diaspora living in the area. I will not comment on the debate itself but I will make a few observations.
Jamaica is right up there with the technologically advanced what with the proceedings being made available on Youtube and viewers having the ability to join in via the Internet courtesy of Jamaicans.com.
Also, no matter who wins the elections come August 27th the Jamaican Diaspora will play a huge role in the Jamaican economy. And I say this without consideration to what both representatives may have said at the forum. With a huge amount of remittances being sent to the island, the Diaspora influence will be there. Now, it remains to be seen how this cash source can be translated into direct investment in the Jamaican economy.
Here are a few articles that I found that covered the event: the Sun-Sentinel, Miami Herald and South Florida Caribbean News. If I come across any more, I will post.

No comments: