Friday, July 20, 2007

Print and Online Debate again

The more I think about it, the more I believe this issue will be the last print issue. I am going to transform the CBD into an online magazine. The form of the online magazine is yet to be determined such as whether it would be a web newsletter, html newsletter or plain text newsletter. Some more specifics still need to be worked out such as how to get ads on the newsletter. But I believe that this is the way to go as I can do monthly issues with no printing costs and if I get the format just right, I can have shorter articles covering a wider range of subject matter. I also will be able to cover a wider geographic area as well.

So the next month or so I aim to come up with a format for the newsletter and contact my writers to work out the arrangements. There is a chance I would be isolating the print readers by going online but the print circulation was low anyway due to cost constraints. And, I think I can gain more online readers than print readers that I will lose.

I guess this is tantamount to reinventing my vision for the magazine and is no different than what companies, big and small do. Upon realizing the limitations with the current status, it is now time to go in a different direction.

So now on to coming up with a strategy for the directional shift.

1 comment:

Abeni said...

You can look into securing ads, Gues syou have to do some marketing or more marketing