Tuesday, May 08, 2007

New ad campaign and other random thoughts

It has been over a week since my last post which is like an eternity in the online world. So this post is overdue. This past week has seen me attend a mini conference for the Jamaican diaspora here in Florida but more on that in a separate post. Let me take time out to thank Abeni for the shout out given to me on her blog. Kinda surprised but loved it. So thank you very much for that. Actually her blog is kinda different for me, it relaxes me and makes me reflect on things.

Well, what else happened this week? I was on the beat trying to secure advertising for my next issue. And each passing week I learn a whole lot. I only hope that the magazine is around in the future so I can put all the lessons in play.

I spoke with a car salesman in the Palm Beach area to ask him how do I get a large company as his to advertise in my publication. What I ended up getting was the blueprint for a new ad campaign. Basically, he showed me that what I needed was consistency, getting a track record and a list of advertisers that will give me a good reference from the business relationship we have developed. Looking forward to getting this new plan in the works. Let's see how it turns out.

1 comment:

Abeni said...

You're welcome..Love to highlight new blogs