Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Hiring illegal immigrants

I read this article on the Fortune Small Business blog. Essentially, the question about hiring illegal immigrants by companies here in the US is asked and there were a slew of responses of varying types. It is worth reading. I guess I should not be surprised at the tone of some of the responses.

I find it difficult to come out at either end in this debate. Being an immigrant (a legal one, I repeat, a legal US citizen) I sympathize with the immigrants without the proper paperwork looking for work in the US and do believe that the undocumented workers who are here for years do not deserve to be tossed out due to some political agenda.

The Caribbean forum coming up in June may address some immigration issues. Let's see what develops

1 comment:

Abeni said...

It's ticklish situation for real. I figure if you been there for years and have been a law abiding citizen then they do deserve a look in. On the other hand they had ample time to get legal status.Still am more inclined to lean on the immigrants side.