Friday, February 23, 2007

Previewing the current issue Part I

Volume I 2007! This issue is certainly a notch above the rest. There is so much to say that I have a 4-part reaction.

There is a wider range of articles and a couple contributions as well. A notable difference here is that unlike the previous two, I did not personally write any of the pieces in this issue. I had contractors that did the work and Teshie Jones from Well-Written Words and George Leposky came through in a major way. This issue does encompass what I envision the magazine to be in that it is not only about businesses that are Caribbean in nature but takes the approach to cross boundaries and build a bridge between within my Caribbean community as well as outside it. The current issue includes some members of South Florida’s Caribbean community commenting about the impact of the Cricket World Cup being hosted in the Caribbean, the owners of NetSpeak talking about their growing business and a feature on the National Association of Women in Construction and more……. !

The piece on Netspeak reveals an ambitious group of people looking to capitalize on their entrepreneurial skills. It was nice to meet the people behind the operation. Of course this is of interest to most Caribbeans what with the high cost of telephone bills that come from calling back home. I discovered that this group is looking to make some major inroads into some of the larger markets that boast a high number Caribbean people. I have noticed an increase in the number of commercials aired on the radio which tells me they are looking to make a big marketing push. Wayne Burgher told me as much when he and I met. Hopefully, he will see his way to spend some advertising dollars with the CBD for the next issue!

Visit the Caribbean Business Digest website at www.caribbeanbusinessdigest.com

No comments: