Sunday, December 22, 2013

Looking back - Guenet Gittens Roberts

Guenet was a guest that I had in mind since re-launching the Caribbean Business Digest. She mentioned in the interview of being a connector which is evident from the various roles she plays.

I can relate to Guenet in her venture with the Caribbean American Passport. While I am now doing the Caribbean Business Digest in an internet radio format, I had started out as a print magazine, then moved to an online format when I re-launched. So I understand some of the challenges that she might face but more importantly I understand where she is looking to take this venture.

Having a multimedia platform would serve her well as I think there is a mix within her audience of older and younger generations. Each will consume content differently and having different platforms will help account for that. I found interesting her opinions about print content and how it still plays a role. I hope to explore that a bit more in a future interview on the show.

For right now though, I think she is on the verge of something fabulous and I hope to stay apprised of her progress and support this endeavour at every opportunity.

No comments: