Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Update on Tony McClean

It has been a while since I updated this blog but this seems fitting to resume posting here. I ran into Tony McClean today at a local barber shop. Remember I interviewed him as he was looking to open his restaurant, The Classic Jamaican Jerk Stop. (Listen here http://www.blogtalkradio.com/caribbeanbusinessdigestradio/2013/07/15/dr-susan-lycett-davis-along-with-new-restaurant-owner)

The conversation went something like:

McClean (walks in and recognizes me): Hey mon, what's going on?

Me: I'm good how are you?

McClean: I'm good mon. I open on Friday mon!

Me: This coming Friday?

McClean: Yeah mon. We gonna 'ave goat, pork, chicken. Every'ting man, even ackee and saltfish.

Barber stops what he is doing and looks up: Ackee and saltfish?? Dat is breakfas' food mon!

McClean: What?? This is America mon. Eat that with some boil dumpling and banana mon! What you know?

Me (trying not to laugh) I am looking forward to it! What time will you open?

McClean: From 'bout 7. But no food serving until 10 or 11.

Me: Alright then. See you on Friday right?

McClean (picks up whatever he came for and prepares to leave) Yeah mon. Ah looking fuh yuh now y'know!

And with that he saunters out with the same swagger he came in with.

I truly am looking forward to the opening day and here is to no more delays!

1 comment:

Yvonne A Jones said...

Can't wait to meet Tony in person! That was great transcription, Mushtaq. :) Keeping it real..