Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Looking Back - The Red Panty Club with Fran Asaro



Well, it is not totally wrong to say this interview was not what I thought it was going to be about! There was an interesting “first” with this interview: it is the only one that I had a do-over. In fact, the end product was actually the third attempt. Of all the interviews, this is the one that gets a do-over!

This interview actually has a story behind it (as all my interviews do) I met Fran in the summer of 2013 and we spoke by phone. We were introduced by a mutual friend Yvonne Jones, and for two people who had never met before we spoke for well over 40 minutes. After hanging up I decided I would have her on the show at some point. As 2013 drew to a close, I wanted to have a show that was outside the usual…ermm…. lines and she came to mind. 

As far as I knew, she isn’t Caribbean American (well she is now, I am claiming her!) and I would have her come on to talk about Thrive Any Way. I figured we would have fun introducing her to the target demographic and that should be enough of a twist (seriously I am not doing this on purpose).

So the conversation mid December went like:
Me: Hi Fran 

Fran: Hi Mushtaq

(Usual pleasantries ensue, blah blah blah)

Me: How about being a guest on the show?

Fran: Great. Interestingly I have a new project we could talk about.

Me: Awesome. Tell me about it.

Fran: It is called The Red Panty Club and….

Me: Sold! 

Fran: What you didn’t hear all about the…..

Me: Yeah Yeah Yeah! I’m in!



2 comments:

Yvonne A Jones said...

Mushtaq, I've already claimed Fran as being Caribbean American so that makes two of us. She is one of those people you don't think of as being this or that...she's just who she is and I just love talking with her and working with her!

Unknown said...

Submit Now your Products, Services or websites to Caribbean Business Directory to achieve your local goals. List Now >>> http://bit.ly/2dyKwiN