Sunday, August 13, 2006

Cover design finalized

The design for the cover of the August issue has been settled on.

Initially I had contacted two free lance designers that I had met at the last monthly meeting of the Greater Caribbean Chamber of Commerce. I got a quote from the first one which was a little bit out of my range. The second submitted a couple samples of what the cover could look like. I liked what he submitted and submitted a few ideas to improve upon the samples. However, while wanted for him to submit the change I came across a third person who free lances and after explaining the magazine to her, she agreed to submit a sample cover design.

Upon receiving it, I immediately knew that I found the right design. She also agreed to work with me on the magazine layout. With the magazine design and layout in good hands I can continue focusing on marketing the magazine.

I will continue to maintain contacts with the two designers I met at the Chamber meeting. After all, it is important to maintain relationships and I am sure I could use their services in the future.

No comments: