Sunday, September 10, 2006

Business Networking Events in Palm Beach

As part of the Caribbean Business Digest's strategy, I am seeking to form alliances with various business and social organizations that play a pivotal role in furthering the Caribbean culture and interests. My research has lead me to realize that there is no business group in the Palm Beach area that catered to the Caribbean business community. So I am looking to organize a business networking event with the aim of bringing the Caribbean business community together in the Palm Beaches. It is my belief that the area is primed for such an activity and this type of event would aid in the overall development of the Caribbean community. Additionally, this would be a good launching pad for the magazine as well.

Recently I met a young lady named Gillian, from Trinidad who shared the same view so I will be looking forward to working with her in the next few weeks to see if we can get this off the ground. The Greater Caribbean American Chamber of Commerce is seeking to incorporate the Palm Beaches in their activities so hopefully we can coordinate our efforts in this project.

In addition, I made contact with a social organization, Jamaicans of the Palm Beaches which is in Palm Beach county. I am hoping we can form an alliance with this group to see what help they could offer with this project. Even though this is a social group, I hope we can find some middle ground where this project could be beneficial to all parties involved. While it is early days yet and there I much work to be done, I am hopeful. At the very least I hope this group will play a part in the magazine.

I was also made aware of another organization in Palm Beach called Caribbean Americans for Community Involvement. I am looking to from alliances with them as well. Organizations such as these are vital to the development of the community within which we live and their support is vital to the development any business networking in the area.

No comments: