Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hurricane Dean

On the Weather Channel right now, I am watching highlights and updates of people getting ready for Hurricane Dean in Jamaica. It is nice to see that for the most part people are taking this seriously. Somehow I am getting a bad feeling here but will continue to pray for my fellow Jamaicans of my island home. I can't help but to think that with this major catastrophe seemingly hours away from the shores and elections due a little over a week away that this will have major implications on the island.

My prayers are that we can bring out the truth in the popular expression "wi likkle but tallawah" and come through this period stronger.

Along the same lines, I received an email yesterday from the Jamaican Diaspora representative Marlon Hill, Esq with information about Hurricane aid for Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. I will post this letter here in a separate post for anyone who wants to offer help.

Thanks to Marlon and the Diaspora movement as well as the Jamaican Consulate General for being proactive about this situation.

No comments: